2011年3月29日火曜日

Wilderness Survival and "B" Movies

Looks like this month is ending just as busy and boring as it started. Only got one day off this week, and I spent it doing chores, so I really have nothing to say here... Guess I'll just jump right to the random stuff.

1.) Another adorable kid at work this week. She was probably 5 or 6, and she was one of the students' children. This kid sat in the lobby during a 50 minute lesson without making even a little bit of a fuss. When I finished my lesson (different class than the one her mother was in), she was sitting in the exact same spot as when I had started the class with her hands crossed in her lap. Luck had it that I had brought in some of the candy my mom sent to snack on that day, so I grabbed a pink Starburst and gave it to her. I just held it out assuming a kid that young wouldn't understand English. In response, she gave me a perfectly pronounced and very polite "Thank you", took the candy, and put it directly into her bag (maybe it was her mom's purse. I don't know). I imagine there was a conversation later in the day that went along the lines of "Mother, I was given a piece of candy today. Is it alright if I eat it?" Because this kid was that well behaved. If I ever have a child, I'll be happy if it's half as well-mannered as that little girl.

2.) I had to use my Japanese "in the wild" twice this week. Both times were highly embarrassing for me. School's out this week, so there's way more students than usual when I'm at lunch. The first occasion was just some students asking if they could use one of the chairs from the table I was at in the food court. I panicked and couldn't manage anything more than a couple of quick nods. Go me. Second time was a group of kids that were trying adorably hard to dress G. I can only assume two of them were a couple, because they were wearing matching pink and black track suits. The girl's had Minny Mouse on the back (is that how you spell Minny? It suddenly occurs to me that this is the first time I have ever spelled that name). Anyway, one of the kids started talking about how tall I was and pointing at me a lot, so I smiled in their direction. This was a cue for them to start asking me questions. I stumbled through the answers very awkwardly, but at least my mouth formed sounds that may or may not have been words this time.

3.) I have noticed an interesting occurrence. Lately, there have been a lot of small tremors between midnight and 3 AM. They're small enough that I probably wouldn't notice them if it wasn't for the fact that my space heater is kind of wobbly and makes noise with even small vibrations. They're definitely big enough that I recognize them as tremors, but yeah. I guess the plates are still grinding ever so slowly. I think it's interesting at least...

4.) You may be tired of hearing this, but Naoko is amazing. So, I was having a shitty day at work this week and, as I tend to do, was complaining about it to the people I know. One of those people was Naoko. When I got home, I saw a bag hanging on my door (I also smelled her perfume from the bottom of the stairs. I think she sprayed it to add to the present or something, but she must have drenched the freaking staircase in it. Seriously. It smelled like her perfume for the rest of the week. Adorable effort, but damn that smell was strong. Anyways, let's get back to what I was saying. No, I don't care if it was boring. Read it anyways). This is said bag.
Now, since you cannot see the entire contents, let me give you a list of what was in this container of joy. Beer, donuts, food, chocolate, an incredibly girly little Pokemon doll thing, and a card with a puppy on it and a very long message that took me way too long to translate inside. I think it bears mentioning that Naoko lives thirty minutes away and also only got one day off this week. Now, I don't wanna brag, but my girlfriend is better than your girlfriend.

That's all I got.

PS - Kudos if you understand the second part of the title and how it relates to this post.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿